Our Liver-Centre is specialised on the treatment of liver diseases. Due to many years of experience we are very skilled in diagnostics and treatment of:
- Viral hepatitis (hepatitis b, hepatitis c, hepatitis d)
- Auto-immune Hepatitis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Haemochromatosis (Iron overload)
- Wilson’s disease (Copper overload)
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Cirrhosis of the liver and its complications (among others indication and disposition of TIPS (Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt))
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Care of patients before and after transplantations (in cooperation with the transplantation centre of the UKE)
Our team is assembled by colleagues, who have had their primary focus on this area for many years and collaborated in the development of many new therapies (e.g. for viral hepatitis). The co-operation with specialists for infectious diseases and other areas of expertise in one centre allows us to provide a broad spectrum of care for each patient.
Because of the involvement of our own study centre we have the possibility (if there is the request) to offer new, innovative treatment concepts, long time before they are actually available commercially.
Among the most modern ultrasonic diagnostics we also provide the measurement of the elasticity of the liver (due to determination of fibrosis), endoscopy inclusive therapeutic possibilities, ascites puncturing and the availability of liver biopsies.
Depending on the severity of the disease we offer diagnostics and treatment as an out-patient or an in-patient or in cooperation with the St. Georg Hospital.